Information We Collect
If you apply to join asap, you may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our website, application or at our locations. The personal information we may collect includes:
Information we collect from you
- Your basic information, including name, contact information, date of birth, driver's license number and expiration date;
- Your company information, including name and billing address;
- Your driver application information, including photographs you submit of you and your driver's license through our mobile application or manually submitted to us by any means. We may share this information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Drivers;
- Your payment information, including credit card number, card owner, CVC-code and expiration date. To keep your data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers;
- Your rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is rented, date of rentals, duration of rental, and your preferences;
- Your device information, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers and push notification tokens;
- Your call and text information, including date and time of the call/message and the content of the call/text. We may also monitor and/or record the contents of the phone calls made for the propose of service improvement.
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
- Information from third party services. If you choose to link your asap account with a third party’s service (such as Facebook), we may receive the same type of information we collect from you directly from those services.
- Information from third party partners. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners.
- Information from your organizations. If your organization sign up for our corporate account services, we may receive information about you, such as your name, contact number, email address, from your participating organization. We also may give your participating organization the opportunity to request a ride on your behalf.
- Background Information on Drivers. We may perform driving record and criminal background checks on Drivers through third party services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all Users for the following purposes:
- To assist the bookings you request, such as renting the vehicles.
- To facilitate transactions and payments.
- To provide customer service related to our services including respond to your inquiry.
- To verify your identity for fraud prevention purposes. In order keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
- To contact you regarding an error or incomplete online membership registration or reservation.
- To contact you regarding quotation, booking confirmation or claim in the case of accident.
- To contact you regarding marketing promotions including discounts, coupons, offers and other information, opportunities, and services that may be of interest to you. These offers may be sent through third-party sites and media properties.
- To assist us with feedback and user experiences for products and services improvement; including evaluating the performance of our staff and assessing the quality of product and service received.
- To protect our rights and property.
We may combine the information that you submit to us with information related to your transactions with us, such as rental location and vehicle type. We may also combine this information with data we receive about you from third parties who assist us in processing requests, maintaining our data, and optimizing our services.
We retain information we collect for commercially reasonable periods of time or in accordance with specific laws or policies. Information collected for a specified purpose will only be used for that purpose and, after a reasonable period of time, will no longer be actively stored when that purpose has been fulfilled. Inactive data may, however, continue to be used for statistical, marketing, archiving, and other analytical purposes.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Except as described in this privacy note, asap will not disclose your personal information with third parties unless it is necessary to provide our services.
Your information may be disclosed to other third parties to:
- Your organization if the services are performed under a corporate account;
- Your credit card issuers for the payment process;
- Credit report and fraud checking agencies for membership validation and transaction issues;
- Government agencies if the Drivers fail to comply with traffic regulations;
- Private agencies if the Drivers fail to comply with parking regulations;
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement when required by law or in response to legal process;
- Insurance companies.
We may disclose your personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, proceeding, or reorganization involving the business activities for which the information is maintained. Personal information may also be subject to being shared or transferred to another company in the event of a merger, acquisition or transfer to another company. If such a sharing or transfer results in a change in the way your personal information is handled, we will provide notice where you have the choices to either allow or reject the transfer or sharing of such information.
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers (for example, a payment processer). These service providers may be located in a country different from your country of residence and are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information. However, your information may be accessible to authorities in accordance with applicable laws.
We may also share your information with our advertising and marketing partners, and third-party media properties, including social media sites to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf.
Security and Notice of Breach
Access to Personal Information
Upon request, you may access certain personal information collected by asap, that asap maintains at the time of your request. asap will provide reasonable and practical access to your personal information. We will normally provide access without charge, although we may impose a reasonable fee in some limited situations. We will, however advise you of that fee in advance. You may challenge the reasonableness of the cost. Details of how to contact us are set out below. There may be instances where asap cannot provide you access to your personal information, for certain reasons, including, but not limited to, it has been destroyed or deleted after expiry of applicable retention periods, it contains personal information of other persons or it contains commercially sensitive or proprietary information owned by us. If we are unable to provide you access, we will explain why and document that for our records.
Accuracy/Correction of Personal Information
When reasonable and commercially practicable, asap upon notice will correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. Personal information may also be accessed and edited personally at menu “Profile “ on asap mobile application.
If you have any questions regarding our handling of personal information, you may contact us at the address below.
Synergetic Auto Performance Public Company Limited149 Moo 3 Theparak Road, Theparak, Muang Samut Prakarn, Samut Prakarn, 10270
Call center: 02-091-8000